Thursday, July 9, 2009

03/07/09

Dwelling in shadows use to frighten me
Couldn't fathom my life without the light
Somehow the shadows became my comfort
And alone, I would walk the night
Afraid of me and what I was to become
Terrified of my thoughts and desires
Paranoid that everyone could see me
Buried Zsaquez, and instead played the liar
Wanting to conform and play it safe
But in that safety lie the actual danger
In jeopardy of losing the authentic me
Becoming resentful and full of anger
Blanketed by sheets of darkness
That somehow gave me solace
Enabled me to wake up and pretend
That I was living but dying non the less
From time to time I’d see glimmers of light
But fear would cripple and paralyze me
Leaving me still alone in the darkness
Never becoming who I was meant to be
Only an illusion, a mirage, someone else’s creation
Though intelligent and pleasing to the eye
Internally flawed and emotionally broken
With not a soul around to hear the desperate cry
After decades of life void of the light
Illumination finally found its residence
Freeing my soul to live and to love
To simply be who I am without pretense
Love it or hate it, accept or reject
I make no apologies so if you choose the latter
I have chosen to ride the luminous rays
To escape the darkness and lies that have shattered
Who I was, who I am and who I will soon become
Liberated, the veil has finally lifted
So though you may choose not to journey along
I walk, actually I run and I dance free and unrestricted

No comments:

Post a Comment